[torquedev] TORQUE 3.0.2 release candidate

Troy Baer tbaer at utk.edu
Thu Jun 9 09:25:24 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 16:19 -0600, Ken Nielson wrote:
> There is a new release candidate for TORQUE 3.0.2.
>
> This version of TORQUE includes all of the bug fixes and enhancements
> that went into TORQUE 2.5.6. It also has a new qsub option -F which
> allows users to pass an argument list to a script.
>
> Some of the enhancements included in this build from 2.5.6 are NVIDIA
> GPGPU support, fix for buffer overflow security risk, the job_starter
> and rpp_throttle configuration options for the MOM and the new queue
> resource limiter procct.
>
> Please download this snapshot and let us know if you find any
> problems.
>
> http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/snapshots/torque-3.0.2-snap.201106081605.tar.gz

I've tried this on our NUMA test system, which had previously been
running TORQUE 3.0.0.  All of the obvious things to try seem to work.
However, one odd thing that seemed to happen as a side effect is that
pbs_server seems to have forgotten its managers list:

[root at verne ~]# qmgr -c "print server" | grep managers
[...nothing...]

I can't find anything in the logs that indicates how or why this
happened.

	--Troy
--
Troy Baer, HPC System Administrator
National Institute for Computational Sciences, University of Tennessee