[torquedev] Updated TORQUE license

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Jan 20 11:26:07 MST 2011

It has been brought to our attention that the TORQUE license as updated
for version 2.5.x appears to change the license agreement for TORQUE so
it is no longer free. This is an oversight on the part of Adaptive
Computing. It was not our intent nor do we have the authority to change
the terms of the license. TORQUE is and has always been free. This
mistake was made as a result of Adaptive Computing's effort to remove
outdated web links, e-mail addresses and phone numbers in the old
license and update them with the current support information.

We apologize for this mistake on our part and have corrected the
problem. Attached is a copy of the updated license.

The updated license has the current information for mailing lists,
e-mail, websites and phone numbers. On January 1, 2002, the conditions
for TORQUE redistribution as specified in version 2.4 and earlier
expired. The two provisions concerning redistribution restrictions have
been removed to make the document clear and to avoid the oversight we
made in the future.

Please note that the copyright statement in the license document applies
only to the license document. This does not apply to the source code.

Adaptive Computing is committed to keeping TORQUE completely open and
freely distributable.

Sincerely

Ken Nielson
Adaptive Computing