[torquedev] reordering of routing queues

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Wed Feb 23 15:23:31 MST 2011

Hi,

it appears that qmgr reorders route_destinations:
E.g.,

Qmgr: p s
#
# Create and define queue default
#
create queue default
set queue default queue_type = Route
set queue default route_destinations = ql
set queue default route_destinations += qs
set queue default route_destinations += q1
set queue default enabled = True
set queue default started = True
Qmgr: set queue default route_destinations = q1
Qmgr: set queue default route_destinations += qs
Qmgr: set queue default route_destinations += ql
Qmgr: p s
#
# Create and define queue default
#
create queue default
set queue default queue_type = Route
set queue default route_destinations = ql
set queue default route_destinations += qs
set queue default route_destinations += q1
set queue default enabled = True
set queue default started = True

I have no idea when this reordering was introduced (under torque-2.4.8
this does appear to work correctly), but this looks like a bug to me.

The order of the route_destinations is of crucial importance since torque
tries the queues in order and the job gets routed to the first queue that
fits. See:

http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/torque/4.1queueconfig.php#routing
"The ordering of the route_destinations is important. In a routing
queue, a job is assigned to the first possible destination queue based
on the resources_max, resources_min, acl_users, and acl_groups
attributes."

Cheers,
Martin

--