[torquedev] Torque Open PBS - error PBS error 15031: Protocol (ASN.1) error

Sonali Amonkar sonali_amonkar at persistent.co.in
Wed Feb 9 03:59:25 MST 2011

Hi,
I am not sure if this is the right place to find a solution to the error I am facing. But here goes,
I am running a workflow application(Galaxy-PSU) in a PBS torque environment version 2.4.0-snap.200812091621.
I am facing this erratic error logging,
galaxy.jobs.runners.pbs DEBUG 2011-02-03 05:17:09,880 (151) pbs_submit failed, PBS error 15031: Protocol (ASN.1) error galaxy.jobs DEBUG 2011-02-03 05:17:13,363 job 150 ended galaxy.jobs ERROR 2011-02-03 05:17:15,816 Unable to cleanup job 152
After searching a bit on the web, I found a blog saying that this may occur when the server is too loaded with jobs. However, the server which I am using does is not running any jobs besides the workflow tool. However the Workflow tool run does dispatch multiple jobs(3-6 in number). Can anyone point me out to how I can fix this error and why is it occurring?

Thank you for your time,

Warm Regards,
Sonali Amonkar

DISCLAIMER