[torquedev] Release Candidate for TORQUE 2.5.8

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 24 17:33:57 MDT 2011

On Wednesday, 24 August 2011, at 16:35:49 (-0600),
Ken Nielson wrote:

> I set --enable-unixsockets in my configure line and got a boatload
> of errors related to this code. I am using gcc version 4.5.2.
>
> I found I could get the code to compile successfully if I manually
> added _GNU_SOURCE to the Makefile. Otherwise "struct ucred" does not
> get defined leading to the type-punned kind of error and many
> others. I do not know if this is a gcc header bug or not.
>
> We could add _GNU_SOURCE as a configure option. But what about other
> OS versions. Do we fix them one at a time as they come up?
>
> I am appealing to those with more compiler and build expertise than
> me.

Defining _GNU_SOURCE will not affect OSs or platforms that don't
support it in any way.  It will only affect glibc-based systems.  See
"man feature_test_macros" for more details on what it does.

I define it in pretty much all my projects by default and have never
experienced adverse effects as a result.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>
Linux Systems and Cluster Engineer