[torquedev] Release Candidate for TORQUE 2.5.8

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Aug 24 16:35:49 MDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

I set --enable-unixsockets in my configure line and got a boatload of errors related to this code. I am using gcc version 4.5.2.

I found I could get the code to compile successfully if I manually added _GNU_SOURCE to the Makefile. Otherwise "struct ucred" does not get defined leading to the type-punned kind of error and many others. I do not know if this is a gcc header bug or not.

We could add _GNU_SOURCE as a configure option. But what about other OS versions. Do we fix them one at a time as they come up?

I am appealing to those with more compiler and build expertise than me.

Thanks

Ken