[torquedev] Release Candidate for TORQUE 2.5.8

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:25:50 MDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Ken Nielson <knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
> wrote:

I didn't volunteer :)   What I meant was that I would except that I don't
think I would get to it any time soon, so I won't commit to anything right
now.

actually, the warning doesn't mean that certain optimizations wont' be
done.  It means the compiler can generate incorrect code in this case.  The
warning should either be fixed, or -fno-strict-aliasing should be added to
the CFLAGS.  I looked at the code for about 5 minutes and it was not obvious
to me what was going on.  punting is allowed with strict aliasing
optimizations enabled if done with through an union though