[torquedev] Release Candidate for TORQUE 2.5.8

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:07:59 MDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Ken Nielson <knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
> wrote:

> There is a new release candidate for TORQUE available. This has the fixes
> for the compiler warnings with the exception of process_request.c, function
> get_creds line 288. dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
> strict-aliasing rules.

in my opinion, this is a warning that shouldn't be ignored indefinitely (not
that anyone has suggested it).  I think it would be good to fix before the
official release.  I would also add -fno-strict-aliasing to my CFLAGS until
it were fixed.

I would volunteer to the look at the code responsible for the warning, but I
can't guarantee I would have a chance any time soon.