[torquedev] Release Candidate for TORQUE 2.5.8

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 21:03:03 MDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Christopher Samuel
<samuel at unimelb.edu.au>wrote:

> On 23/08/11 11:40, Glen Beane wrote:
>
> > why were warnings disabled?
>
> Sorry - I was misinterpreting what:
>
> - --enable-gcc-warnings
>
> did.  I thought it enabled GCC warnings but what it
> actually does is enable -Werror to turn warnings into
> errors (and turns on a few more pedantic tests).

-Werror and -pedantic used to be default and they needed to explicitly
disabled with --disable-gcc-warnings.  I haven't built a real recent version
of TORQUE (been away from the project for a while), but from what it sounds
that this is no longer true and you need to explicitly enable -Werror.

We went through great pains to get torque to build without warnings --
especially Garrick (he did a lot of the work to remove warnings).  I  would
like to keep it warning free.