[torquedev] Release Candidate for TORQUE 2.5.8

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Thu Aug 18 14:48:38 MDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 04:04:26PM -0600, Ken Nielson wrote:

> [...]

I just compiled this by accident with gcc-4.4.0 (instead of gcc-4.1.2
which I usually use). gcc-4.4.0 spits out even more errors:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
job_route.c: In function ‘initialize_procct’:
job_route.c:210: error: ‘pprocsp’ may be used uninitialized in this
function
make[2]: *** [job_route.o] Error 1

This can be fixed by adding a line

    pprocsp = NULL;

before the
    if(pprocs_def != NULL)
statement.

But then:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
process_request.c: In function ‘get_creds’:
process_request.c:288: error: dereferencing type-punned pointer will
break strict-aliasing rules
make[2]: *** [process_request.o] Error 1

Which can be fixed by dropping the optimization flag below -O2.
Don't know whether there is a better way to solve this one.

- Martin