[torquedev] jobid creation

John Rosenquist jrosenquist at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Apr 29 11:58:00 MDT 2011

On 04/29/2011 10:26 AM, John Rosenquist wrote:
> I've been looking at the job submission code and ran across something I find a bit puzzling.
> When creating a new job id, the number is pulled sequentially from
> server.sv_qs.sv_jobidnumber
> This is used in creating the job id. (i.e. system_name.#)
> Then the system is checked for a duplicate job name.
> If a duplicate name is found in the old or new jobs, the job is thrown out of the system.
> As the numeric portion of the id is defined by torque, is there a reason that we don't simply choose the next sequential number and check if it's available? (And so on until we find a valid ID to use)
To be more specific, I'm not including the condition where the job is from another server. This is just referring to jobs initially created in the req_quejob function.

John Rosenquist | Torque Developer
Direct Line: 801.717.3--- | Fax: 801.717.3738
1656 S. East Bay Blvd. Suite #300 | Provo, Utah 84601 | USA
Adaptive Computing, Ent.