[torquedev] jobid creation

John Rosenquist jrosenquist at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Apr 29 10:26:41 MDT 2011

I've been looking at the job submission code and ran across something I find a bit puzzling.

When creating a new job id, the number is pulled sequentially from
server.sv_qs.sv_jobidnumber
This is used in creating the job id. (i.e. system_name.#)

Then the system is checked for a duplicate job name.
If a duplicate name is found in the old or new jobs, the job is thrown out of the system.

As the numeric portion of the id is defined by torque, is there a reason that we don't simply choose the next sequential number and check if it's available? (And so on until we find a valid ID to use)

--
John Rosenquist | Torque Developer
Direct Line: 801.717.3--- | Fax: 801.717.3738