[torquedev] munge authentication added to the 2.5-fixes branch

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Sep 15 17:22:49 MDT 2010

Hi all,

Just for information, I have committed code that will allow TORQUE to
use munge to authorize user access as an alternative to the privileged
port/ruserok mechanism that is the default.

Currently the munge authorization is a compile time option. To enable it
use ./configure --enable-munge-auth. If munge is installed on your
installation then all utilities and the server will automatically use
munge to verify users.

Authorized remote users must be added using the qmgr utility. The server
parameter is /authorized_users/.

To add a user named fred at hosta use the following qmgr command.

qmgr -c 'set server authorized_users=fred at hosta'

Additional users can be added using += <user>@<host>.

For information on how to install munge see http://code.google.com/p/munge/.

If you try this let me know how it goes. I welcome any feedback.

Ken Nielson
Adaptive Computing