[torquedev] [patch] Fix -W regression from changeset 2367

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 21:21:13 MDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Ken Nielson
<knielson at adaptivecomputing.com> wrote:
> On 08/05/2010 12:34 AM, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
>> Ken, good day.

>>> There was a fix for this put in a while ago in the 2.4 branch. In order
>>> to get the syntax to work you need to put single quotes around the value
>>> for stagin like the following:
>>>
>>> -W stagein=\'file1 at host1:src1,file2 at host2:src2\'
>>>
>> Will it work for the older releases?  For something like 2.4.2?  I am
>> asking, because we are using this functionality in the EGEE gLite
>> middleware stack and some sites run rather old Torque, but some are
>> trying to be on the cutting edge.  But submission scripts are meant to
>> be universal.
>>
>> I understand that we can just use multiple '-W stagein ...' directives,
>> one for each file, but still -- is the cited syntax supported for old
>> releases?  I see no signs of it in manual pages, but they can be
>> incomplete.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
> This broke in 2.4.6. So 2.4.2 would not have the problem.

Ken,

what broke in 2.4.6?    What was the purpose of removing support for
unquote stagein/stageout arguments with comma separated lists of
files?

I don't think the question of whether or not the single quoted
stagein/stageout argument is backwards compatible with TORQUE versions
prior to 2.4.6 was answered.