[torquedev] The /dev/null fix preventing deletion of job script files

Eygene Ryabinkin rea+maui at grid.kiae.ru
Tue Sep 7 12:46:24 MDT 2010

Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 01:04:21PM +0200, "Mgr. ?imon T?th" wrote:
> I just found out that the new /dev/null fix (on 2.4-fixes) is preventing
> the unlinking of job. Users don't have sufficient rights to delete files
> from /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/ yet, before trying to delete the
> jobs script mom, switches to users effective uid and gid.

It is my fault: the original patch from me added safe unlink function
to the job_purge and it should really use unlink().  The attached
patch should do the trick.

But as I see, 2.5.2 has the proper unlink() in place, because Ken Nielsen
seem to spot this error and hadn't let it slip to the 2.5.
--
Eygene Ryabinkin, Russian Research Centre "Kurchatov Institute"