[torquedev] Power-aware Scheduling Implementation

"Mgr. Šimon Tóth" SimonT at mail.muni.cz
Fri Oct 15 05:51:02 MDT 2010

> 1.In order to do Power-aware Scheduling Implementation whether should I
> modify Torque or Maui?
> 2.Is it possible to achieve power-aware scheduling just by modifying
> Maui alone ( without modifying Torque)?

Well that depends on what you want. If you just want nodes to switch to
some lower power state after computations are done then you don't need
to modify anything (just provide proper prologues and epilogues).

If you need some special scheduling, then you should modify/configure
Maui or write your own scheduler on top of pbs_sched.

--
Mgr. Šimon Tóth