[torquedev] [torqueusers] 2.5.3 release candidate

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 10:33:31 MDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Ken Nielson
<knielson at adaptivecomputing.com> wrote:
> On 10/04/2010 08:55 AM, Glen Beane wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:48 AM, David Beer<dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com>  wrote:
>>>> isn't this kind of a big change to make in a 'fix' release? In my
>>>> opinion something like this should be in a 2.6.0 release, especially
>>>> since it is non-optional.
>>> I'm not against holding it for 2.6, but I do want to point out that this would be optional. You would have to configure TORQUE to use munge.
>> I wasn't talking about munch.  I am fine with that, since it is
>> optional.   I was talking about the conversion of the server DB to
>> xml.   That is a pretty big change, and while it has been tested for a
>> while, it may still be a little scary to cluster admins and could keep
>> a lot of people from moving forward in the 2.5.x branch for a while.
> What if we make the xml serverdb optional in 2.5.3?
> The XML format is a nice feature from a support point of view as well as
> an administrative. It would be nice to have it available before our next
> major release.

I think if it is optional then that would be fine.

More information about the torquedev mailing list