[torquedev] 2.5.3 release candidate

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Oct 1 16:37:59 MDT 2010

A snap shot of the TORQUE 2.5.3 release candidate is now available at
http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/snapshots/
torque-2.5.3-snap.201010011607.tar.gz
<http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/snapshots/torque-2.5.3-snap.201010011607.tar.gz>

We have converted serverdb to an XML Format. Make sure to back up
server_priv/serverdb before doing any upgrades. This version of TORQUE
will convert your current serverdb to an XML format. We chose to do this
because it makes serverdb portable, readable and repairable. We have
been using this format in trunk for several months. Trunk code is
currently running on a handful of servers in the United States and
Europe with this format and performing without any problems in regards
to this change.

Also new in the release is Munge. Munge is an authorization utility
which gives administrators an alternative to using privileged ports and
ruserok. I have attached the proposed documentation for this feature.
Please read it and let me know of any improvements you might have.

Regards

Ken Nielson
Adaptive Computing