[torquedev] job exit status in epilogue script

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Nov 29 10:11:33 MST 2010

On 11/29/2010 06:58 AM, Eirikur Hjartarson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Reporting a bug (I think) regarding the epilogue script (in
> $PBS_HOME/mom_priv/).  We are using version 2.4.11 of Torque.
>
> The 10th argument to the epilogue script, that should be the exit status
> of the job, is in our case the job-id (1st argument) with a zero (0)
> appended.  There is always a zero appended, also when the exit status of
> the job is not zero.
>
> Is anybody else experiencing this?
>
> Regards,

I just checked the code in src/resmom/prolog.c to see if there were
something I could see which might cause this to happen. I did not find
it with a visual inspection. The code is pretty straight forward. Each
argument supplied in the list is assigned just as described in
documentation.

Can you post your epilogue script and a sample of the output?

Thanks

Ken Nielson
Adaptive Computing