[torquedev] Approach towards small vs. big patches

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 20:49:54 MST 2010

2010/11/18 "Mgr. Šimon Tóth" <SimonT at mail.muni.cz>:
> I hate to criticise but I noticed a pattern when including patches from
> Bugzilla.
>
> If the patch is small, it is almost always included super fast (even if
> it breaks everything or doesn't make sense at all).
>
> On the other hand, longer patches just sit in Bugzilla with zero
> activity (I have my own experience, but this is a general trend).

I think the problem is there are too few developers evaluating
patches, and not all developers are familiar with the entire code
base.  If we could get involvement from the community - several people
saying this patch looks good, I've tested it, etc,  then it might help
speed things along

I think individual developers might be reluctant to accept a large
patch if they aren't super familiar with that part of the codebase