[torquedev] acl_hosts and job submission

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Tue Mar 30 11:32:34 MDT 2010

I have been doing some job submission from various nodes in my cluster
and I find that what is in the acl_host list really does not matter.
That is because ruserok eventually approves or disapproves any
submission. This is controlled by the /etc/hosts.equiv file. So
/ect/hosts.equiv becomes the configuration place for who can submit jobs
from where.

At this point it appears the acl_host has no real effect. What am I missing?

Ken Nielson