[torquedev] Proposed Patch

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Tue Mar 16 22:43:10 MDT 2010

On Mar 16, 2010, at 3:25 PM, Douglas Wightman wrote:

> Perhaps, but it took David all of 2 hours to implement and it works
> right now and requires no LDAP setup!

My patch is only several lines of code, and fixes the silly ruserok()
oldness as well. Further still, my patch doesn't require LDAP. It
could use NIS, Active Directory, or whatever. I think its better to
implement a more robust fix rather then some sort of "hack" like this.

All that said, my solution doesn't address the use of a web service or
CGI, so I could see this feature being used for that.

Will the documentation be updated to reflect this functionality?

-Joshua Bernstein
Penguin Computing