[torquedev] Proposed Patch

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Tue Mar 16 16:17:07 MDT 2010

Douglas Wightman wrote:
> We need this for sites where both pbs_server and moab run on a node where
> there are no local users: you cannot su to another user because the users do
> not exist.  On these systems Moab needs a way to submit jobs to Torque on
> behalf of a user that has been verified elsewhere.

I feel like this is a bit of a hack though, though maybe I don't understand the
entire issue.

I submitted a patch a long while back, that updates TORQUE's authentication
system to remove that silly ruserok() stuff to instead to getents. This way
TORQUE (or even Moab), can run on a system without local user accounts, setup
against say LDAP, and allows jobs to be submitted. Seems like this is a better
solution for the proposed use case.

-Joshua Bernstein
Penguin Computing