[torquedev] Proposed Patch

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Mar 12 12:16:48 MST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:49:49AM -0700, David Beer alleged:
> I realized that I didn't explain what this feature does - this feature allows a root user to submit a job as another user.

The patch, on the whole, looks fine to me.  One niggle: this is outside of
POSIX so perhaps the "not posix" ifdef shouldn't get this argument.

But I don't see why this patch is useful. Root can just as easily su to the user
first. If it checked admins or operators, it would be more useful.

I think "proxy" might be the wrong name. "imposter" or "impersonator" would be
more accurate. If it was a proxy, then the output would go the real user's
homedir.

This feature is almost useful for a CGI.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!