[torquedev] TORQUE 2.5 Release

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 12:19:46 MDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Joshua Bernstein
<jbernstein at penguincomputing.com> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Any more of an update on the TORQUE 2.5 release? Is there anything I can
> do to help the process along? At the very least a nice snapshot I could
> start testing with would be greatly appreciated.

It should be ready for "beta" testing later this week.  It is
basically waiting for David and I to finish up the new job array code,
and we are almost done.   I want to add a couple of extra checks into
the code, and do a little more testing.  Both David and I want to
issue a final snapshot for testing and give the community members a
little bit of time to test before we do an official release.

Our job array changes have been merged back into trunk, so if you want
to grab a current copy of trunk from svn and give it a test while we
tie up a few loose ends that would be great.

One of the fields in the job structure is slightly bigger to
accommodate the new style of job IDs for the job arrays, and I haven't
added the automatic upgrade code that will take old .JB files and
convert them to the new larger size at server startup.  Because of
this you won't be able to import any jobs from previous versions of
TORQUE (including 2.5.0 snappshots from before the merge).  This is
one of the next items on my todo list.

Also,  since job arrays have changed so much we will not be supporting
the upgrade of pbs_server with queued job arrays. The system should be
drained of all job arrays.