[torquedev] Torque Semantics

Chuck Ritter cfr100 at psu.edu
Tue Jun 15 06:18:20 MDT 2010

On that note, what about compute node OS as a resource? Work is being
done on light weight compute node kernels (eg Catamount, Kitten, etc),
and it would be nice to try/use them under certain jobs. However, it
is unclear that every job will run under a one of these (almost
certainly will not).

It seems to me that the scheduler should manage the compute node OS as
a resource. This might mean starting and stopping services or it might
mean rebooting it to a different kernel.