[torquedev] nodes, procs, tpn and ncpus

David Singleton David.Singleton at anu.edu.au
Mon Jun 14 19:10:36 MDT 2010

On 06/15/2010 09:42 AM, Christopher Samuel wrote:

> On 11/06/10 19:01, "Mgr. �imon T�th" wrote:
>
>> What user? Unless he is using Maui/Moab then he means
>> four nodes. And if the user is using Maui/Moab, then
>> this user is irrelevant to this discussion (cause all
>> external schedulers send very specific run requests,
>> that shadow all of the original Torque semantics).
>
> Oh, I didn't realise anyone used pbs_sched these days, sorry!
>
> Point taken.

I think some of the discussion is coloured by even more basic
functionality than that - in particular, what happens when an admin
runs qrun.  Does anyone actually do that?  I think PBS Pro stopped
this a while back.  And I'd imagine it would not help most schedulers
to have random jobs starting under them (they should still handle it
but it may not be ideal).  If we were to support qrun then it would
probably just crank up the jobs priority and kick the scheduler.

David