[torquedev] Torque Semantics

"Mgr. Šimon Tóth" SimonT at mail.muni.cz
Fri Jun 11 03:30:55 MDT 2010

I think, that we have a problem with poorly defined semantics. There
should be a separate document describing what exactly does Torque
consider, what parts of Torque are affected and how.

For example requests like -l mem=1G are ignored during the scheduling
process, but enforced on the node.

We should ignore any behaviour that is produced by external schedulers
that are designed to run in 1:1 (server:scheduler) configuration,
because such schedulers override Torque semantics by sending very
specific job run requests.

--
Mgr. Šimon Tóth