[torquedev] nodes, procs, tpn and ncpus

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 12:47:47 MDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:

> The only place where we disagree is that you want to use "procs=X" where I want
> to use "nodes=X". I see 2 major downsides: lots of coding work in torque, and
> more confusing semantics with mixed (what does "-l nodes=X,procs=Y" mean?)

procs=X works today (with Moab, I guess Maui would need to be fixed).
No changes needed for TORQUE, except that TORQUE doesn't know what
procs means, it just runs the job on the nodes Moab tells it too...

so if you don't care about it not working without Moab, we have this
solution today, and it works correctly with EXACTNODE.

In my opinion, I think nodes=X,procx=Y should generate a syntax error...