[torquedev] nodes, procs, tpn and ncpus

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 15:05:25 MDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Ken Nielson
<knielson at adaptivecomputing.com> wrote:
> On 06/09/2010 02:57 PM, Glen Beane wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Ken Nielson
>> <knielson at adaptivecomputing.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Here is why -l nodes=4<job.sh>  will only give you one node.
>>>
>> ... but it gives everyone else more than one node, as it always has...
>>   you can't convince me it will only give me one node when I can see
>> completely different behavior first hand :)
>>
> gdb the code. You have something else going on. Set the break point in
> listelem and do a qrun by hand and see where you deviate.

I don't believe I have anything else going on.  You have been wrong on
the behavior of other specs, like nodex=X:ppn=Y only allocating one
node. It appears you have something else going on than every other
TORQUE user.

I can't gdb pbs_server on a production cluster to see where I am
different, maybe someone else can do that on a test cluster.

Anyway, the behavior you are seeing is not correct. It is either a bug
in torque or a problem with your setup.