[torquedev] nodes, procs, tpn and ncpus

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Jun 9 14:49:37 MDT 2010

Here is why -l nodes=4 <job.sh> will only give you one node. The
function listelem calls search which marks nodes as thinking. However,
as listelem calls search num times search simply marks the first node
that fits the specification as thinking and does not move on. Later in
set_nodes after the call to node_spec set_nodes looks for all of the
nodes that have been set to thinking. Of course only one node has been
changed so only one node gets allocated.

Let me know if you want me to post code to be more specific.

Ken