[torquedev] array_changes and NUMA

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 07:52:18 MDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 6:06 PM, David Beer <dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com> wrote:

> [...]

Ouch.  You don't just use svn merge to merge the differences between
the branch and trunk back into trunk?  If the branch is kept in synch
with trunk so the only difference between the branch and trunk are the
NUMA changes then it is a pretty simple merge

> As far as merging things back now, I know that this may well make my life more difficult when merging the NUMA branch back into trunk, but we're going to wait until 2.5 is released to make the changes. I just don't want to risk derailing the release of 2.5 by breaking the trunk. I probably could take some of the code contained in

just so we're clear, I think merging the NUMA branch into trunk is NOT
a good idea at this time, however in order to make your life easier it
would be best to keep the NUMA branch as synched with trunk as
possible (move changes made in trunk back to the NUMA branch
periodically, not the other way around).

How do you usually do a merge?