[torquedev] array_changes and NUMA

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Jun 8 15:16:44 MDT 2010

> Garrick,
>
> I'm sorry I was not paying attention to my mail. We really need to wait
> until 2.5 is released before NUMA is put into the trunk.

Really, I never suggested that NUMA should be merged into trunk. It was the
furthest thought from my mind.

What am I suggesting is that you have a nightmare coming in the future when you
do decide to merge NUMA into trunk. There are 2 reasons for this. The first is
that there are massive, heaping gobs of non-NUMA changes in the NUMA branch
(mostly formatting changes). The second is similar code development happening
in trunk at the same time.

If it were me working on the NUMA branch, I would only make NUMA-related
changes in the NUMA branch. All other changes would be commited to trunk and
then merged into NUMA.

In summation, I don't think NUMA should be merged into trunk at this time.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!