[torquedev] routing queues

Stéphan Gorget phantez at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 02:20:43 MDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Martin Siegert <siegert at sfu.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to implement a routing queue that sends all serial
> jobs (i.e., all jobs that request a single processor only) to
> a queue q1:
>
> create queue default
> set queue default queue_type = Route
> set queue default route_destinations = q1
> set queue default route_destinations += qs
> set queue default enabled = True
> set queue default started = True
>
> create queue q1
> set queue q1 queue_type = Execution
> set queue q1 resources_max.nodect = 1
> set queue q1 resources_max.procs = 1
> set queue q1 enabled = True
> set queue q1 started = True
>
> create queue qs
> set queue qs queue_type = Execution
> set queue qs enabled = True
> set queue qs started = True
>
> set server default_queue = default
>
> For now I ignore problems with combined requests like
> -l nodes=1:ppn=2+procs=8
>
> However, even requests with
> -l nodes=1:ppn=2
> or
> -l procs=8
>
> all end up in queue q1. The jobs then immediately after get deleted
> by moab with an error:
>
> job was rejected - job violates class configuration 'procs too high for
> class 'q1' (2 > 1)'
>
> (This is for the request nodes=1:ppn=2).
> In other words: this is not working at all.
> What am I missing here?
>
> - Martin
>
> --
> Martin Siegert
> Head, Research Computing
> WestGrid/ComputeCanada Site Lead
> IT Services                                phone: 778 782-4691
> Simon Fraser University                    fax:   778 782-4242
> Burnaby, British Columbia                  email: siegert at sfu.ca
> Canada  V5A 1S6

Hi,

You should try sthg like this :

#
# Create and define queue routingseq
#
create queue routingseq
set queue routingseq queue_type = Route
set queue routingseq resources_max.ncpus = 1
set queue routingseq resources_max.nodect = 1
set queue routingseq resources_max.nodes = 1:ppn=1
set queue routingseq route_destinations = scourt
set queue routingseq route_destinations += smoyen
set queue routingseq route_destinations += slong
set queue routingseq enabled = True
set queue routingseq started = True
#
# Create and define queue route
#
create queue route
set queue route queue_type = Route
set queue route route_destinations = routingseq
set queue route route_destinations += routingpar
set queue route enabled = True
set queue route started = True
#
# Create and define queue routingpar
#
create queue routingpar
set queue routingpar queue_type = Route
set queue routingpar resources_min.ncpus = 2
set queue routingpar route_destinations = pcourt
set queue routingpar route_destinations += pmoyen
set queue routingpar route_destinations += plong
set queue routingpar enabled = True
set queue routingpar started = True

--
Stéphan