[torquedev] Build Problems

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Fri Jul 23 18:27:11 MDT 2010

I think David re-committed buildutils/ltmain.sh by accident.  This is
an autogenerated file, and the build will break if the libtool pulled
in by autoreconf doesn't match the ltmain.sh that's there.

Also, src/include/pbs_config.h.in is autogenerated and should be
removed as well.

And I discovered that I needed to unset my CFLAGS variable in order to
run "make distcheck" due to -Werror being the default.  Unless you
specify exactly which warnings you turn on, this can result in build
failures caused by someone (like me) employing -W flags that the
developers don't (which I do).  In the specific case of "make
distcheck," the only way around this is to edit the Makefile.am to add
--disable-gcc-warnings to the DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS or specifying
it as part of the make distcheck command line.  I assume this is being
done to catch more errors, but it may be less confusing to users if
the developers themselves select a set of warning flags they care
about and then limit -Werror usage to their own testing and
certification builds.  Just a thought...

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>
Linux Systems and Cluster Engineer