[torquedev] make distcheck

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Jul 23 17:14:40 MDT 2010

On 07/23/2010 01:12 PM, Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:13:53AM -0700, Michael Jennings alleged:
>
>> You'd be amazed at the number of errors that can be caught by "make
>> maintainer-clean&&  autoreconf -ism&&  make distcheck"  :-)
>>
> Have you seen my recent emails pushing 'make distcheck'? I really wish I could
> get the Adaptive people to start doing it. In fact, I've left an error in trunk
> for them to fix.

Garrick,

We really appreciate your help with all of the build stuff. It is no
secret that the autoconf environment is not David or my forte. But we
are learning. Hopefully, this is the only time we need to acquire this
experience and we don't keep doing it over. The input from the community
has been helpful.

We really need the help of the community on the make dist because we do
have limited resources here. We did make sure we did it on the few
machine versions we have. Fortunately, we did get a lot of participation
and we were able to be many build problems identified.

You probably noticed we fixed the bug that was introduced in revision
3918 of trunk. We were wondering if you found it at that revision or if
it wasn't until after you committed revision 3920.

Regards

Ken