[torquedev] missing file checks

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 22 18:54:25 MDT 2010

On Thursday, 22 July 2010, at 16:51:36 (-0700),
Garrick Staples wrote:

> I've added checks to 'make dist' (and distcheck) to look for missing
> files.  README.* and every file in contrib must now exist in the
> distribution tarball or an error is generated.

I realize I'm not a developer, but if I may ask:  What is the
rationale for having Makefile.in and other auto-generated files
committed to the SVN repository?  Usually these files are omitted, and
a script such as autogen.sh or autoreconf is used instead.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>
Linux Systems and Cluster Engineer