[torquedev] Are we ready to release a snapshot

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Thu Jul 22 14:09:16 MDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 01:32:38PM -0600, Ken Nielson wrote:
> With the exception of the issue Stuart Barkley found I believe we have
> all of our missing file issues and such taken care of. Are we ready to
> release a snapshot (Not 2.5.2 yet) to be tested by everyone or does
> someone have something else they want to get in?

There is one feature I'd like to have:
a) an environment variable that contains the number of processors
   assigned to the job. This appears to be easy to implement - patch
   attached. Unfortunately, I cannot test this - at least not for
   requests like -l nodes=1:ppn=2+procs=8 because moab does not handle
   this - I get an error from moab now:
         ALERT:    cannot locate host 'procs=8' for job hostlist
b) I'd like to be able to configure a routing queue where the jobs
   are routed to execution queues depending on the number of requested
   (total) processors, e.g.,
   np=1 -> q1
   1 < np < 64 -> qs
   np >= 64 -> ql
   but now np is not a requested resources anymore but the sum of
   the nodes and procs request, e.g., in the example above np=10.

- Martin