[torquedev] Libtorque on Mac OS X

Michael Barnes Michael.Barnes at jlab.org
Fri Jul 16 06:26:18 MDT 2010

On Jul 15, 2010, at 7:33 PM, Joshua Bernstein wrote:

> Sadly I haven't unpacked my new MBP yet, so I'm only able to build
> TORQUE on OS X 10.5 where this doesn't seem to be a problem.
>
> You should be able to just add a #define as you suggest inside of the
> libtorque C file, so the symbol is actually defined in there.

Symbols don't get defined by #defines.  They are substituted before
compile and link time by the preprocessor.

What I've done in the past is to make a dummy function or a wrapper
function to provide the symbol.

If the symbol is a variable, this is more difficult.  Again, you could
provide a dummy value for it, but if the code actually needs that
symbol with meaningful data, you will run into issues.

-mb

--