[torquedev] 2.5 Release

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Jul 15 09:54:44 MDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
> The fact that this is 2.x release implies a promise for upgrade
> compatibility.

I believe Glen and I talked about this and decided that it was okay to not be upgradeable with arrays queued because arrays have been marked as an experimental feature for the entire time. In other words, users should know that the arrays are subject to change as the website notes that they are "under development and certainly are not feature complete." (http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs/2.1jobsubmission.shtml)

Also, there is a warning in the README.array_changes file. I forgot to include it in the beta release, but it is there are will be in the tarball. Also, it will be noted in the release email.

David