[torquedev] 2.5 Release

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Jul 14 15:07:54 MDT 2010

Josh,

Please see below.

----- Original Message -----
> David,
>
> I have no objections as our limited testing has been going well.
> Though
> my thoughts would just be around clearly posting a CHANGELOG or
> something similar as to what actually has been changed or fixed from
> previous versions.

There is a README.array_changes file in the release (in fact it is in the beta, although it has been updated a little) and we will definitely post the CHANGELOG, probably in the email announcing the release. I believe that we have the CHANGELOGs for each release (including minor releases) posted somewhere on our website, but I know that doesn't replace the need for a community website.

> In the past, we sometimes get this on post to the list, or if we're
> lucky a CHANGES file in the tarball, but ideally I'd like to see
> something posted easy a website. Again, I'm making a point for a
> community website here.
>
> With the 2.5.0 release we have the opportunity to start fresh and
> start
> to make some improvements around policy.

We know that we need a website, and we're working more on actually getting something out there. I can't give you a date yet, but I can tell you things are progressing better. How's that for politician-level clarity? Seriously though, we are hoping to have something soon.

--
David Beer | Senior Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing