[torquedev] Unknown pbs_mom error

"Mgr. Šimon Tóth" SimonT at mail.muni.cz
Fri Jul 9 10:11:43 MDT 2010

On 8.7.2010 16:51, Andreas Davour wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to understand why my jobs wont get accepted by the mom. It
> complains with an error:
>
> 07/08/2010 16:47:58;0001;   pbs_mom;Job;TMomFinalizeJob3;start failed,
> improper sid
>
> What is a sid, and where can I find documentation for things like that? The
> code, the Admin Guide or some other place I have overlooked?

Oh yes, weird system errors. The best approach is to grep the sources.

This one seems to be a size mismatch when the parent mom talks to the
forked child.

How this can be achieved, I really have absolutely no idea.

There should be one more error before this one:
read of pipe for sid failed for job %s (%d of %d bytes)

Try to determine where the forked mom failed (use strace or some similar
tool).

--
Mgr. Šimon Tóth