[torquedev] TORQUE 2.5 beta is here!

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Jul 2 12:10:54 MDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 10:51:32AM -0600, David Beer alleged:
> > http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/snapshots/torque-2.5-beta_0.20100702.tar.gz
>
> Instead of tar'ing up trunk, please do a 'make snap'. Then you get a
> correctly
> versioned distribution with everything named correctly.
>
> And of course, always do a 'make distcheck' before any kind of
> release.

I didn't use a make snap because it seems that our setup doesn't really support betas, and I believe that why we started on 2.4.2 even though 2.4.0 and 2.4.1 were both beta releases. It seems to me that this is a small issue and I didn't really want to spend time on it.

--
David Beer | Senior Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing