[torquedev] TORQUE 2.5 beta is here!

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Jul 2 10:51:32 MDT 2010

Hi all,

We're pleased to announce that TORQUE 2.5 beta is ready for testing. It can be downloaded here:

http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/snapshots/torque-2.5-beta_0.20100702.tar.gz

The biggest features for 2.5 are massive improvements to the arrays feature and native support for procs. By native support for procs, I mean that if you qsub -l procs=2, and then do a qrun, you'll get 2 procs instead of TORQUE treating it as nodes=1:ppn=1.

Please see the README.array_changes file for explanations of the new features and how to use them. Glen and I have tested these features as much as we can and we're confident in them, but we wanted to do some more beta testing before officially releasing 2.5. Thank you to all those who participated in the first round of beta testing. We ask for your help in solidifying this product and moving us towards the official release!

Cheers,

--
David Beer | Senior Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing