[torquedev] Resources on Nodes

Simon Toth SimonT at mail.muni.cz
Tue Jan 26 08:03:41 MST 2010

I'm trying to implement resources on nodes (similar to Queue and Server
resources), but I must say that I'm confused.

Basically I'm having trouble navigating between different types of
resources that Torque works with (resource requests on jobs, resources
stored and calculated on nodes and queue/server resource).

I'm assuming that the easiest approach would be to flip the node support
from attributes in the node structure to array of attributes (similarly
to struct pbs_queue) and basically just copy the logic of queue.

I also found references to the svr_resc_def. This seems to be a list of
supported resources. I'm not sure if I can safely use these on the Nodes
without breaking other features of the server (specifically for the
resources that are summed ATR_DFLAG_RASSN).

Any hints are welcome...
--
Mgr. Simon Toth