[torquedev] Torque For Sparc on Solaris

Chris Vaughan chris at adaptivecomputing.com
Tue Jan 19 14:17:04 MST 2010

Josh,

Thanks, issue that I'm seeing is that even though I've installed the freeware it's still picking up the sun binutils and some others in the makefile instead of the gnu tools. I've tried changing env paths but with little success, and I hacked the config file to point to the gnu ` ld ` but haven't made much progress beyond that. I may try slurm otherwise I will have to resort to sge / moab which I'm not a fan of.

Hope you're doing well, you should try and get out to ISC this summer!

Cheers,

----- "Joshua Bernstein" < jbernstein @ penguincomputing .com> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> While I haven't built TORQUE on SPARC for sometime, I do recall the GNU bits
> from Sun to be a bit strange. I had the best luck by installing the packages
> from sunfreeware .com, though judging from the PATH it looks to be what you're
> doing. Are you using the Sun builtins or separate packages?
>
> -Joshua Bernstein
> Senior Software Engineer
> Penguin Computing
>
> Chris Vaughan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to build Torque 2.3.7 for a SPARC machine running Solaris 10
> > and I'm hitting some errors.
> >
> > The configure flags I'm using point to the gnu tools that come with
> > Solaris but it's failing.
> >
> > ./configure --disable-server --with-gnu- ld CC=/ usr / sfw /bin/ gcc
> > CXX =/ usr / sfw /bin/c++ CPP =/ usr / sfw /bin/ cpp --disable- gcc -warnings
> >
> > I have been using gmake to build and here are the errors that I'm
> > seeing. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.
> >
> > Output from / usr / sfw /bin/ gcc

Chris Vaughan | Technical Consultant - EMEA

Adaptive Computing | Mobile: +44 7800 973062 | Office: +44 1483 243578

3000 Cathedral Hill | Guildford GU2 7YB | United Kingdom