[torquedev] mother superior <-> sister communication problem

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Tue Jan 19 04:30:30 MST 2010

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 04:57:54 am Glen Beane wrote:

> The sister node has no record of the job in its log. I don't think this is
>  a TORQUE bug or configuration problem, but it seems like there is some
>  communication problem between the mother superior and sister.  Where
>  should the sysadmin and networking guys start looking for problems?

I'd suggest trying Wireshark out on the node to see if you can spot anything
odd...

Hmm - thinking of which a PBS protocol dissector for Wireshark could be really
useful!

cheers,

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP