[torquedev] [torqueusers] torque 2.4.6 crash

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Feb 26 11:30:08 MST 2010

Hi,

We seem to be unable to reproduce this bug (Ken and I have both tried) and we get normal output. Can you send in some more information about the crash? Is this job running on a single node or multiple nodes? Are there any special qmgr settings we should be aware of? Also, please include what OS you are running, as the initialization is done in OS dependent code.

David

----- "Martin Siegert" <siegert at sfu.ca> wrote:

> Confirmed.
> This is a show stopper for 2.4.6.
>
> - Martin
>
> --
> Martin Siegert
> Head, Research Computing
> WestGrid Site Lead
> IT Services                                phone: 778 782-4691
> Simon Fraser University                    fax:   778 782-4242
> Burnaby, British Columbia                  email: siegert at sfu.ca
> Canada  V5A 1S6
>
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 04:31:03PM +0100, Stijn De Weirdt wrote:
> > i just build 2.4.6 but it crashes doing the following:
> >
> > qstat -n
> >
> > (qstat (without -n) works)
> >

> > pbserver -D output:
> >
> > # pbs_server -D
> > pbs_server is up
> > Assertion failed, bad pointer in link: file "stat_job.c", line 306
> > Aborted
> >
> > spool/server_priv/jobs is empty. previous settings come from 2.4.4.
> the
> > OS is Sl5.4 x86_64. i used the torque.spec file to build rpms and do
> the
> > upgrade.
> >
> > strace doesn't reveal any obvious candidates that cause this.
> >

> > stijn
> >

> > --
> > http://hasthelhcdestroyedtheearth.com/

David Beer | Senior Software Engineer