[torquedev] Confused about processes again

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Feb 25 08:50:40 MST 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 01:57:03PM +0100, Simon Toth alleged:
> I'm still battling the processes support in Torque. I can't make heads
> or tails of it. What is the correct semantics?
>
> - when can a node accept a shared job?
> - when can a node accept an exclusive job?

Jobs aren't shared or exclusive. Nodes are.

> - what is the correct state of node after accepting
>   a shared job in free state?

"free" is the default state. It is the absense of any other state. If the node
isn't busy, offline, down, etc., then it will be free.

> - what is the correct state of node after accepting
>   an exclusive job in free state?

"free" is the default state. It is the absense of any other state. If the node
isn't busy, offline, down, etc., then it will be free.

> - what does nd_nsnshared store?

I don't remember off the top of my head.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!