[torquedev] changelog clarification

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Feb 3 08:54:57 MST 2010

Glen Beane wrote:
> could someone clarify this for me, especially the last sentence?
>
>       Fixed pbs_mom's default restart behavior. On a restart the MOM is
>       suppose to terminate jobs and report them to the batch server. But
>       it should not try and terminate any running processes. The bug fix
>       made it so the MOM would stop terminating running jobs and only
>       terminate them.

I saw that yesterday and thought the same thing.  I modified the
CHANGELOG to read as follows:

Fixed pbs_mom's default restart behavior. On a restart the MOM is
suppose to terminate jobs that were in a running state while the MOM was
up and report them to the batch server where the job will be reset to a
queued state. But it should not try and kill any of the running
processes that were associated with the job. Prior to this fix the MOM
would try and kill running processes associated with any running jobs.

Ken